Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Confused...



First I want to start with an email I received this morning from a dear friend, we will call him Jimmy (hehe). Jimmy sifted through my blog this morning and shared his feelings with me about the whole thing. Jimmy passed along some very kind words, thanks! Jimmy also mentioned that he was happy that PBK stayed away from the "complaining about work" bit since that is kind of what the roots of this thing are based off of. I couldn't agree more.......

I have learned about myself today Jimmy, I am about to explain why. Oh, and I am going to complain about work.... just a little bit.

It all started last night. I have been eating the same lunch for about nine months. My lunch consists of a PB & J, cheese puffs, and a coke. Yesterday while I was at the store it hit me... I should make something new for lunch. I was suprised with myself. What was this voice in my head thinking/saying? Change? I did it. I bought turkey and potato chips. This was insane. Last night I prepared my new lunch and went to bed.

PBK never ever oversleeps, never. My alarm is very loud and I can only take so much sports radio in the morning. Sports talk in the morning is good motivation to get out of bed. Basically I was awoken to my pug licking my face and my girlfriend (kind of irritated) asking if I planned on getting up. My morning was officially messed up. I was not late to work today but the worse possible thing happened..... I forgot my Ipod.

Here is where I complain. I will make this part quick. I was forced to interact and listen to my peers all day today. It is amazing how much you can miss when you have the sound of the office turned off. It was like a whole new world was opened up to me.

I am about to blame my new lunch for the rest of the bad happenings......

As the day progresses these things happen.

* One of my favorite co-workers (she sits in front of me) is asked to switch desks. She is crazy but I like her.
* News surfaces that the tv show Arrested Development is probably not going to make a comeback on Showtime (rumors were pointing to the opposite).
* Panic sets in that I have no head phones in my ears. I overhear one of my co-workers retell a story of missing a former co-worker of ours. I also miss this person. She recalls a time the two of them went out to dinner and had this great meal together. I thought that was odd. I later emailed this former team member to verify this information. He confirmed that it was all false and none of what she said ever happened. EVER!
* Joey on NBC was going to be cancelled. :(
* George Clooney is going to do Ocean's 13? Stop, please just stop. Ocean's 12 was horrible.

ok, that was all. No music offerings today. I didn't listen to a damn thing.

My point? My new lunch has started to ruin my life.

Do I dare go back to the PB & J? I don't know what to do. I do know this. I will have my Ipod at work tomorrow and I have new music to listen to.

*kisses*

PBK

No comments: