Thursday, January 05, 2006

# 52





1. A Single History (Unwound)
2. Can Live Music: 1971-1977 'Disk 1' (Can)
3. Between The Buttons (The Rolling Stones)
4. Bangers Vs. Fuckers (The Coachwhips) *2*
5. Dracula 'Soundtrack' (Philip Glass)
6. Khartoum (Jandek)
7. Destroyer (Kiss)

This is the last time I am going to talk about Kiss. I love the first album. After that the next couple are ok, worth a listen. Destroyer is horrible. I don't mean to act or sound like a critic (the fucking thing came out about 30 years ago or something like that so I am a bit late) but you have to be kidding me. It starts off great with "Detroit Rock City" and continues to stink for the next 9 tracks. I am suprised. I thought I found this goldmine of rock music that my parents sheltered me from as a child and I was given this second chance to rediscover it in my late twenties. I was very, very wrong. A friend recently reffered to me as a "Panda Jerk???" for giving Kiss so much listening time and now I am starting to feel like one. Destroyer is so bad. Isn't this supposed to be one of their best albums? Whatever. Dracula was the complete highlight for today. I think I listened to it sometime after lunch. Beautiful, just beautiful.

I am back to work until forever and I do not feel any bit recharged. For a job that is so easy it can sometimes be a bit of a downer. The pictures attached are from my recent trip to my former elementary school. My sister and I were feeling pretty damned nostalgic so we thought it was time to walk through and see if that place smelled the same. It does. I had not stepped foot in there since the fifth grade. It was wonderful. I even got pictures of the outdoor roller skating rink that is still intact. Oh, and our fifth grade teacher remembered us. He hugged PBK.

No comments: