Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Syd Barrett .... R.I.P.



Just a couple of things to say about this.

His solo work was given to me as a gift for my graduation from high school (a friends parents got it for me). Pink Floyd was my introduction to music but as I began exploring the large body of work the band had provided I really began to appreciate their first two albums more and more. I remember playing 'Madcap Laughs' for the first time in my bedroom at my parents house. I just layed on my floor and tapped my foot just a little bit. His crooked voice just hit the spot for my ears I guess. It was just right.

My first tattoo centered around a date with this girl I was crazy about. She was tall, beautiful, and kind of mean. All I know is she wanted to hang out with me. Her date idea was going out and getting a tattoo. I never thought I would get one in my life but you had to see this girl....... she was worth it. I was told I had to get something meaningful. I thought about it. I got SYD tattooed on the inside of my right arm. That meant something to me (I was 18) What did she get? A butterfly on her ankle. What??? That meant something??? That was something like 12 years ago. People would ask if that tattoo represented Sid Vicious. At that time I had no idea who Sid Vicious was.

Good luck Syd, thanks for making all of those great things to listen to.

2 comments:

POORPBK said...

Hmmm....

Maybe in August.

Anonymous said...

Great site loved it alot, will come back and visit again.
»