Thursday, April 20, 2006

Jandek in Portland



I am not going to be silly about this but I would just like to point out a couple of observations. The Jandek show was very good tonight.

*I have never seen a performer enjoy playing to such a degree yet be able to pay no attention to his/her adoring audience. He could have cared less. Either that was sincere or he is a great actor. Either way that was very cool.
*The music (at points) was very motivating and very passionate.
*The really big thing was his appearance. It looked like Death walked through a door and decided to play from his heart, really weird. Jandek looks like something from a creepy cartoon.
* The supporting band was fantastic. I can't stand Quasi but Sam Coomes was very good on bass.

I hope that he decides to release this recording. The music was outstanding.

I have to thank Ryan again for introducing me to this.

Alex, Jim, and anyone else who reads this blog... I suggest you do some research and read up on this guy. The story alone is worth the time.

-PBK

No comments: