Tuesday, May 30, 2006

# 138


1. Hooray For Tuesday (The Minders)
2. S/T (The Hospitals)
3. Equus 'EP' (Blonde Redhead)
4. Halfbird (Deerhoof)
5. G N' R Lies (Guns N' Roses)
6. Live In Tokyo (Public Image Limited)

I came across some new music. Should be a full week or two because of it.

Alex sent me an email today about my trip. He asked many, many questions. I figured I could use this time to post my responses here just in case anyone else might ask some of the same. Nice work Alex.

**********
Well, I see from the blog that you have returned. 'Sounds like the
travel times were a bit too much, but you enjoyed yourself immensely.
I really want to hear about your travels when it's fresh in your mind
and haven't told everyone in the world about it ten times. I have so
many questions -

what was the train like? LONG, 7 HOURS TOO LONG.
were the people friendly? YEAH, FOR THE MOST PART.
did they stare at the tatoos? SOME DID.
do you now speak any phrases of the native language? NOPE.
How was the beer? REALLY GOOD. I ENJOYED THE CROAT BEER VERY MUCH.
did everyone look like your grandparents? NO. NOT THAT I NOTICED.
Any bootlegged CDs? NONE. I WAS DISSAPOINTED. ONLY BOUGHT ONE CD.
Is croatia 1st, 2nd, or 3rd world? 1ST, IN MOST PARTS.
Is it still the old country? PARTS WERE. THE COAST HAS A GREAT "FEEL" ABOUT IT.
How were art and carol? GREAT, THEY TOOK AMAZING CARE OF US.
Were there dalmatians on the coast of dalmatia? SAW ONE.
did you finish fantasy star? NO. I STINK. I NEEDED MY COMPUTER SO I COULD CHEAT.
What was the food like? LIGHT. SEAFOOD ON THE COAST, IT GOT HEAVIER UP NORTH.
Do they have any famous dishes? CUDDLEFISH RISOTTO (SQUID INK INCLUDED).
how was the seafood? THE BEST. WISH I HAD MORE.
why do you have a grumpy face in the picture on the web? THAT WAS A SERIOUS FACE.
what's with the anchor? OLD ROMAN ANCHOR, NEAT.
How long did it take to get from town to town? DEPENDS. 3 TO 4 HOURS?
How was vienna? HUGE, AMAZING. SO MUCH TO TAKE IN.
did you eat any cake? NOPE, I DON'T LIKE CAKE.
did Jamie enjoy herself? YES, VERY MUCH.
did you buy any land to retire on? I GET THE FEELING THAT IT WOULD BE POSSIBLE.
What were your days like? FULL OF TRAVEL. LOTS OF BEER BREAKS.
Did you go swimming in the meditarranean? NOPE. I WAS IN THE ADRIATIC.
what kind of car did you rent? AUDI A6 TURBO. NICE!
what was the worst thing you saw? WORST THING? CAN'T THINK OF ANYTHING.
Any crazy stories? A LADY IN VIENNA YELLED AT ME FOR WALKING INTO HER STORE.
will you be home next week on Thursday? YES.
Can we meet for dinner with Shawn? OF COURSE. I CAN TALK MORE THEN.

I will think of more,
It was nice to travel vicariously through you,
Alex
**********

Alex is funny. So that sums it up everyone.

-PBK

No comments: