Friday, July 06, 2007

Day 10


This nice little plaiddie just screams summertime to me. Not only does it look like a picnic blanket (or italian tablecloth) but it's cut just right, is nice & lightweight & I think I can take it off in record time if the need arises to jump into an icy pool of water on a hot summers day. Okay, there's a little backstory that goes along w/ it too. It was summer a couple of years ago & I mustered up the courage to go meet one of my sister's friends at her place of work...it was a hot summer day & perfect for a cup of iced coffee at the Bellevue Mall Tully's. My plans hit a snag when Heidi 'called in sick' that day & wasn't there. Heartbroken, some people turn to ice-cream or high-proof liquor, but having neither of those I went seeking a new shirt to mend my heart. Into the Eddie Bauer store I went. They were, afterall, having a clearance sale. Having no need for cargo shorts or sandals my attention was drawn towards a rack of summer style button up shirts. Red plaid, bold but comfortable. I gave the sales girl my shirt, made her fill out the form so I wouldn't have to pay sales tax & took my new plaider to my car, where i put it on & cried for hours in the back seat. Okay, maybe not that last part...anyways, this one is near & dear to me as it represents the bleeding heart that was beating inside my chest as my dream of a nice little coffee date went awry that August afternoon. That's a bit dramatic, but i do like this shirt.

No comments: